Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Week 19

I can't believe how big I am getting SO FAST!



















We were back to the doctor today for our "BIG" anatomy scan.....everything is great! Both babies are doing really well. The heart, kidneys, bladder, stomach, brain, spinal cord, etc. checked out normal! Phew...I tell you, I may have been praying for one girl last time, but I've never prayed so hard as this morning when they were checking the boys over. They even checked the nose and lip to see about cleft lip....very through. On top of that, they are each tracking about 5 days ahead of schedule and are 49% and 51% in size - very good size for a single baby let alone twins they said :) Each weighs about 10 oz right now and they were unable to get a length at this point as they stop doing that around 13 weeks they said since they are so curled up right now. It was pretty exciting! The ultrasound tech really had a difficult time scanning each of the babies individually as they were SO CLOSE together. Then she showed us, she said, "look, Baby B's butt is on Baby's A's head"! I'm sure that'll be one we'll tell the boys all the time. I can just see it now, they roll their eyes at me and say, "Mooooom, you've told that story like 100 times"! Not much else happened, as John said, our visit with our doctor is always anti climatic.....we are really having a normal pregnancy. They said that my cervix looked good....it's "holding up" they said which is important with twins....when the cervix doesn't hold up is when the babies come early. Not that I'm a doctor, it's just what I kinda gathered. We did discuss my migraines as I am still getting them two times a week or more. Doc put me on Imitrex and wants me to try that as opposed to the narcotics they had been giving me. In my opinion....I don't much care WHAT I take (as long as it's okay for the babies of course) as long as it WORKS! So, we'll give that a shot! Next appointment will be the end of December. We'll have one more appointment in January and then beginning in February is when we will start going twice a month. The babies are moving around in there (nothing that I can feel yet) but they did say that as of right now, Baby A's head is in the downward position which is ideal for a vaginal birth. They said that can change of course, but I'm hopefully optimistic we'll be able to skip the c-section. Here are some pictures of the boys:

Twin B was actually drinking while we were looking at him....pretty neat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment