Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

2/13/2013 Last Friday I went and picked up our Lupron…..and signed up for payroll deduction. I think my exact words were….”I just threw up in my mouth a little”. The payroll deduction total will be $4600 for the procedure and the Lupron alone was $485. I’m hoping to not have to refill the Lupron. I’m so extremely nervous that this whole process won’t work. I know I can’t think in negative terms….but once again…when you start adding up all of the factors…….it’s just such and incredible letdown. We’ve once again, been trying to conceive for almost a year. We started on our own in June, called the doctor in August (?) and met with our RE in November. Due to the clinics calendar, our December transfer was pushed to February, and due to finances and the new house, our February transfer has been moved to March. But, ready or not…..we’re in the midst of it! I think we got some “good news” today. We were planning on going to WI to see the Blecks this weekend, but how the cycle ended up working out, we found out we’d have to have blood work down on Monday. I called the clinic this morning to let them know I took my last BCP last night and that as far as first day of my period is concerned…..well, I’ve already been spotting for over a week. They said that since I’m already spotting, I can go ahead and have my blood drawn on Friday instead of Monday! Two good factors….our vacation can procede as scheduled and if our levels are low enough….we can go ahead and drop the Lupron amount a few days early…..hopefully meaning that we won’t have to refill the ($485) prescription!! So…..praying for a good outcome…..Also, I called the embryo storage company…..our embryos are headed to Mayo!! Everything seems to be going according to plan for a March 9 transfer. As for the shots themselves……what can I say……this time around has been a very lackluster experience. Every morning I get out my medication and start the routine…..by myself. Whereas last time, John laid out all the paraphernalia and alcohol swabs and stood by my side…..and after every injection he’d say, “thank you so much for doing this for our family”. This time…..John’s no where to be found….oh, but I can hear him alright….”Jack, Kyle….ENOUGH….SIT DOWN……EAT YOUR BREAKFAST”…..oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment