Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What a different experience this time around....

What a totally different experience this time around!! It’s not that we are any less excited than we were last time, but it’s a different type of urgency. We went from planning on doing our transfer in December to actually scheduling and rescheduling so that we are doing it on March 9. And it’s real this time. I’ve been on birth control pills (first step of the process) and have had my ultrasound and blood work done, but tomorrow, I actually take the first shot! I’m not nervous about the shots at all this time. Don’t get me wrong, it sucks having to stick yourself with a needle every day for a month, but just knowing that this is a frozen embryo transfer versus a fresh cycle – meaning less shot and most important, I get to bypass the painful intramuscular shot I needed last time in order to release eggs, I’m not sweating the shots as much as last time. Also, last time I feel that we had more one on one attention. Granted, we were doing procedure after procedure for a year straight so we were into the doctors more often, this time…..we have our “game plan” and really have been left on our own. I feel like I’m not really sure what’s going on on any given day…..I guess we’ll “wing it”. I will admit, the thing were are most worried about is just the possibility that this may not work. We’ve approached the situation as, “it worked so well last time….it’s a given” and now that the time is here…..we know that nothing is ever a given….and we are just praying for a first round success……because I’m not sure we’ll have the resources to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment