Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

27 Week Appointment

How exciting! We had a GREAT appointment today. We not only got to see the boys and see how they are growing, but we were surprised with a 3D ultrasound. It was a bit emotional for both of us as we never expected to see the baby's features so distinctly defined. Such beautiful lips Baby A has!

A note to Baby B.....we LOVE you, but want you to know there are no pictures of you this week because you were shy! We would have loved to see your beautiful face as well, but you had your back to my belly. So, what did we learn today?

As usual, the boys are HUGE! Baby A is 80% (and for the first time, we were told he has a large head) and weighed in at 2 lbs. 7 oz. and is head down (yeah!). Baby B is 60% and weighed in at 2 lbs. 6 oz. He has his head up right now and is curled in a ball so that his feet (and Baby A's feet) are in my diaphragm. I thought I had lots of "baby parts" smushed up in there! All 4 feet! They are each measuring about a week ahead still and the doctor once again told us (for the 5th time) that they are "great size for a single baby". I made the customary joke (for the 5th time) that I'll have two 9 lb. babies and go to 40 weeks, and for the first time he said, "I'll tell you, we won't let you go past 38, and if you make it that far, you'll be begging me to take them earlier". I am assuming this is coming from their size and rapid development. So, with all that said, we can expect to welcome the newest members of the Fallon Family before or on April 11....where does the time go?!

We did talk a little bit about labor and delivery. He said that our options are as follows:

Best Case: easiest vaginal delivery, both babies head down
Second Best: complicated vaginal delivery
Third Best: Planned C-Section
Last : one vaginal delivery followed by C-Section for Baby B.

So......although I told doc I didn't necessarily feel the need to push out two babies, I know the recovery time is far less for a vaginal birth versus a C-Section. And then I just said, "eh....what's it matter anyway...they're going to come when and how they want anyway"!

So, headaches have really mellowed out over the last week and a half or so. It's REALLY nice not to get up every morning feeling like someone smashed my head in. You can tell that I'm feeling better.....I gained 8 lbs. over the last 4 weeks!!!! I guess that's what happens when you aren't puking your guts out all day every day! :) So, that takes my total weight gain up to 23 lbs. I hope to keep it under or at 40. The recommended 20 per baby.

Here are the photos we got today. Again, Baby B....we love you! Next time, if you want you picture posted too....you'd better be a little more cooperative!

Baby A

No comments:

Post a Comment