Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 25

Power of positive thinking??

Perhaps there is much to be said about this "saying". I just stumbled across a blog written by a woman in California who recently had twins and it was a very thought provoking blog. I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs, not only because I am a curious and snoopy person, but because right now in my life, I have a lot of questions I want/need answered. Begining with our infertility struggles and "how long do we try this before moving on" to our IVF stage, "how many days did everyone else take their stimulating shots before their trigger and harvest" to now, "how did everyone else feel at this week and how soon did other people pregnant with twins give birth? What's the 'magic' number I need to count down to"? I've run across funny blogs - which promted the "top things to never say to a couple experiencing infertility" to normal day to day, "walked the dog, pee'd on a stick, guess I'm pregnant" blogs to incredibly bizarre blogs - in one case, a woman from the UK documented her own self attempt at IUI - apparently the pressure was too much for her husband and there was a turkey baster involved.....funny, but really borderline creepy! But I have to say, the website I found today was different. This woman (and her husband equally) wrote so beautifully on being pregnant - documenting not only day to day feelings, but also thoughts on how the babies made them feel about their own families and comfortable jokes of how big she was and even lots of home videos documenting the movements of their boys. From the time they found out they were expecting twins (after thinking they had suffered a miscarriage) they wrote about the boys - using their names and affectiontly dubbed them "baby ninjas". The tone of the entire blog was loving and glowing. The screen was glowing, and not because it was lit up, but because of the words that were coming across. I guess my point is, perhaps I should take a page from this couples book. It's not all about me and weather or not I'm sleeping, peeing, pooping, being sick, throwing up, having headaches, or getting fat. All of those things should now be null and void or at the very least, put on the back-burner. I think that since I've felt soooo terrible these last few months - that's what the entire pregnancy has become about. Maybe it's time I "step up my game" and put on a "positive face". Our boys are growing at rapid rates, they are healthy, and apparently are so in love with their home inside my tummy......that's what this pregnancy should be about, and in time, the positive thinking may just turn everything around for us. And if not, well then, there's a lot to be said for suffering in silence too.

No comments:

Post a Comment