Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday a.m. appointment

I am a little nervous after speaking with the nurse following my appointments. I have > 10 follicles on my left ovary and >10 on my right…..but, none of measurable size. She said they aren't "sprouting". So, when I told her that I wouldn't have enough Gonal F - to make it through Sunday, the nurse wrote me another perscription for another 900 unit Gonal F pen. ($650). The crappy part was that she said they may decide to "totally restart the cycle"….????? Um…what's that mean? She said that they may decide to stop all medication right now, let me finish out this cycle. And START OVER FROM THE VERY BEGINNING next month. So…..it would be $1850 down the drain in medication and 40 needle sticks for nothing. She said that they may try to get more follicles right off the bat next time. Um…..I didn't think that 20 follicles was bad!!
So, we'll see. Have to call into the "special" number to get my "special" message this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment