Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Reflections on Men vs. Women

Day 2! So far so good. These shots haven't been bad at all. The needles are small enough and I have lot's of belly flab to be sticking so that's a positive! LOL. Seriously though, I haven't experienced any anxiety over the shots and I don't look like a human pin cushion yet….but there's time for that once I start on the 3 shots a day.
I've been thinking a lot on the differences between men and women and how they handle situations. For example, take this whole infertility fiasco. The place where I used to work, several of the men I worked with went through IVF. The bizarre part was, one day they decided to do it, then the next time you heard anything about it, they were having the baby! At the time, it was easy enough to just take the situation at face value, "oh, they don't say anything about it, must not be that big of a deal". Going through it myself, I really feel for their wives…..if only they could be as nonchalant about the process as their seemingly insensitive husbands had been. I know that for John and I, we get the situation in its entirety and I know that were anyone to ask John about it, he wouldn't be like, "it's no big deal". He would most likely say something along the lines of, "it's involved, complicated, stressful, expensive, and I am thankful to my wife because she's bearing the brunt of the whole process"…..and the more I think about seeing the reactions of those men in the past, it makes me even more thankful for the man that I've married….I don't feel like I'm going through this alone at all. Granted, I am the one sticking needles in my body and having multiple surgeries…..but he's there with me, and he is sensitive, and I am grateful for him every day. But I also know that when we do have our children, my husband won't be one of the "I can't have drinks, I have to babysit tonight", my husband will be one of the, "I can't golf, I have to parent tonight". I've got a keeper!
Exciting weekend coming up! Tonight we are having dinner with some close friends…..kind of a bon voyage for them as the husband has accepted a transfer and our good friends (with their adorable 3 little boys) will be moving to Wisconsin…..very sad. But, then on Saturday we are going to pick up our nephew Andy and spend the night with him!! Very exciting….we love our nieces and nephews….no matter they be close or far away (which most of them are).

No comments:

Post a Comment