Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Back to the "Power of Positive Thinking"

Let me start by saying, last night was MISERABLE!! Not only did the tips of my fingers itch, but in between my toes as well!! So, when I came in this morning, the ladies at work were like, "oh! You need to go in...that looks terrible!" Well, I should admit, I didn't need much prodding. I was already fairly confident that I didn't have the Cholestasis, but was hoping for some relief from the PUPP (yes, Dr. Fallon is in the house, self diagnosing again) LOL! So, off to Labor and Delivery Triage I went. I was a little embarrassed when the doctor finally came in to see me and it was "Norm" (our regular OB whom I am scheduled to see tomorrow anyway). Um....awkward, "Hey you! I know, just saw you last week about this, but it's worse". He let me know that the blood work results came back and that they were all normal (thank you God), but that it's most likely PUPP and aren't I scheduled to meet with him soon? Um...yeah, tomorrow.....so, yeah, a little embarrassing that I couldn't hold off one more day...but I was really hoping for a steroid or a cream or something....what I got was typical "Norm" nonchalance fashion of, "well, there's nothing to be done for it and it won't go away until after delivery". Yep, just what I was afraid of. So, they told me to get dressed and head out. So, after much itching of my arms, legs, boobs, and butt, I dressed myself and schlepped back to my office. I will admit, I had tears in my eyes thinking of how uncomfortable the next 8 weeks will be. But, then, in typical "Beth" fashion, I snapped out of it and thought, "the boys are healthy, they had them hooked up to the monitors, I get to see them tomorrow and I need to start thinking positive again". When I worked at McNeilus, I sat next to this guy who thought I was just crazy because I always "rounded up" on the clock when it came to the time. Like, I would look at the clock at 2:10 in the afternoon and declare that it was 2:30. After a while he asked me if I had trouble telling time and I just said, "no, just trying to make the time go by faster. I am thinking optimistically". So, bringing back that mentality, even though we just turned 30 weeks on Friday and we essentially have 8 weeks left, I am going to start using "Beth Time" again. So, instead of 30 weeks, I will say we are 31 and that we have 7 weeks left. At the end of the week, that will actually be true, but in my mind, it's accurate as of right now!! :)

So, I'll just sleep when I can and if I'm awake at night, so be it. John's traveling until Wednesday anyway so it's not like I have a lot to stay up for when I get home after work anyway. We'll beat this.....we've beat everything else thus far! Hopefully I'll have more baby pictures tomorrow from the appointment. Stinger is going to accompany me as John is traveling. I am hoping to have the boys during a time frame which she is around. I would love to have her at the hospital with me. She's a good source of calming energy for me and I think she'll be good companionship for John. She unfortunately has a trip to Vegas planned in March and a trip to FL planned for the beginning of April.

As usual, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment