Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 31

Getting there!! I have to say, I am starting to feel much better. Either it's the new ointment from the doctor, or it's the "old man soap" I've been using. The stuff is REALLY smelly (and actually, I think that's the cause of my recent "morning sickness"). Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap.....smelly!! But, the rash is clearing up and I had a couple of stretches last night where I slept for several hours in a row. I think I had an attack at 11 p.m., 4 a.m., and 6 a.m. So whatever I've been doing the last couple days, I'll continue doing.

Had a doctor appointment on Tuesday (after the embarrassing run in with my doc at the triage on Monday). They did an ultrasound and while we were unable to get any photos of the boys (there's just no room for them) we were able to get their measurments and growth ratios.

Baby A = 3 lbs. 11 oz 65% percentile
Baby B = 3 lbs. 10 oz 62% percentile

I told the doc that I was starting to get a little nervous about how BIG their heads are looking!! I guess they say it's not the head to worry about, but their shoulders...

He asked what my thoughts were on labor....what a loaded question right? I told him, "well, I'd rather it be sooner than later". And so we discussed time frame. He has said he won't let us go past 38 weeks, which will be April 15, which is a Friday. The "fine line" is that they only do inductions on Monday's. So I asked him if we'd be able to be induced on the 11th, or if he'd make us wait til the 18th. He said the 18th. I said, "COME ON!"......and then he said that he fully expects me to go on my own before then. So, it could be anytime from now until the 18th. 7 weeks tops (give a few days. Everyone is so concerned about us and what happens when the boys come, and how we are going to be sooo exhausted. I have to be honest, I love the boys sooo much already, and love feeling them move inside of me, and see their growth each time we go to the doctor, but honestly, they have sapped every bit of "life" out of me. Even the lady at the hair salon said that my hair, nails, and eye brows aren't growing like a normal prengant woman because the babies are taking so much from me. And the sleep issue, and the discomfort. I can't wait for the day that I have a little energy and ambition to make it through the days. I don't mind losing sleep at night to feed the babies....it'll beat losing sleep becuase of all these other issues I've been experiencing. We'll be just fine! (famous last words?)

Oh, and the other bit of good news is that Baby A has flipped back down! So, B is still breech and doc asked what my plans were for c-section, epidural, etc....I think he was asking what my preference would be and I of course was dying to say "c-section!!" but of course said, "let's go natural". I'm planning on having an epidural anyway so if he does have to "reach in and grab B's leg and pull him out"...well, I'm not going to feel it anyway! :)

That's about it for now.....I've attached the newest photos. As of Tuesday, I was still at 22 lbs. gained for the entire pregnancy. I dropped 6 lbs. from the week before. I thank my husband for giving me the nasty stomach bug (AGAIN).

John wanted a photo of me from the back, he says you can't even tell I'm pregnant!





1 comment:

  1. i want to share some thing new about your baby 3D Ultrasounds before your baby born. you can see very easily what is your baby condition during pregnancy

    ReplyDelete