Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 30

I haven't given much of an update lately....we've been really busy!! We had our shower (Big shower) last weekend and our "Aunt and Uncle" from Las Vegas staying with us through Wednesday. It kept us extremely busy. On top of that, I've developed a rash that started on my belly and has now spread to my arms and legs. I've been to the doctor for it twice and have called into triage about it once. The first doctor (who is not our regular doctor) said to "use a VERY good lotion" (one of which he could not recommend) and to take "lots of cold showers". Well, that didn't work. I went back a week later and saw our regular OB doc and he was a bit more concerned. He kept asking if I was feeling the babies moving okay (what is okay in a senario like that?!) and sent me for bloodwork to test for something called "Cholestasis of Pregnancy". I really didn't think anything of it, just thought, "oh, if I have it, hopefully they'll give me a pill and it'll go away". Well, then he proceeds to tell me, "let's hope its not that. If it is, it carries a high percentage rate of still born deaths". So, now I am officially worried! The test takes about a week to run, and they had to mail it off to California....I know, the Mayo Clinic had to outsource blood work?! The more research I've done, I'm convinced it's something called, "P.U.P.P" which basically starts as a rash on the stretch marks (and we all know I have plenty of those) and moves to the arms and legs. Good news, no adverse affects on mom and baby (Babies) but it lasts on average 6 weeks, or just after birth. Not sure how I'll be able to handle 8 more weeks of the extreme itching 24 hours a day!! The boys have been rolling around quite a bit, so I feel reassured that they are doing well. Even if I have this "Cholestasis", the doctor said that I would be monitored heavily. Twice I week I would be hooked up to fetal monitors. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday (regularly scheduled) so it will be nice to get a peak at the boys, make sure they are doing well,and get the results of the blood test back. On top of that, I also had another round with the stomach bug. He and I are really going to have it out one of these days! I don't know what's worse, having the flu several times throughout the pregnancy, or actually being allergic to being pregnant?!






Besides all of that "junk", things are good. I MUST get photos up of the baby shower, and of the nursery (thanks to my mom we got it all squared away). I am as usual, so thankful for all my wonderful friends and family that came together to help put on a great gathering to welcome our little boys into the family. They are already loved by so, so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment