Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 29

9 Weeks to go. Hopefully 6 or 7, but at least its not 11!! I feel that I double in size daily, but I'm still just held to 24 lbs. gained so far. It's really not a lot when you think about being almost 8 months pregnant with twins, but when its ALL in one place (stomach) it gets kind of hard to carry it around.

We had another good doctor visit on Tuesday. The boys have continued to grow. Although, they haven't gained as much as I thought they would have (only because of how much bigger I feel I've gotten) they are still 3 lbs. a piece....or at least they probably are today. On Tuesday they were 2 lbs. 15 oz and 2 lbs. 14 oz. So, right now, we have 6 lbs. of baby in us!! I had a lot of questions for the doctor (who was not our usual doctor) and he didn't want to seem to answer them. Only because I think he felt I was putting the cart in front of the horse. I wanted him to tell me when I could expect to have the babies, when I should start seeing my cervix soften, how big the babies might be.....he was very elusive but told me that we are, "on schedule to have normal size babies"....um, okay, what's that? 6 or 7 lbs.? He said, "let's just say 22. How do you like that"? So, I am assuming the boys will be 6 or 7. As far as how they looked, their little hearts were just beating away and while Baby B was STILL hiding (while Baby A was sprawled throughout my entire tummy) they were able to get a photo of the boys with their chests side by side with their hearts beating right next to each other. It was really special. So, this past week, I've felt so much more activity on the left side of my tummy, thinking, "oh, we'll get a great photo of Baby B....he's really rocking out lately". (that and I told everyone last week how he was a "complete animal"). Imagine my surprise when they tell us that he's still in his little ball and that Baby A was "in his space". I happened to call Baby A a bully for taking all of his brothers space and the ultrasound lady says, "well, I wouldn't necessarily say that Baby A is a bully, Baby B keeps punching him in the face"!!! Oh my.....they are at it already! But, they are keeping up with the personalities that we've identified. Baby A just is who he is and is a rebel, while Baby B is timid and sneaky!! :) In other "baby health news" we did find out that both of the boys are now breech, which was surprising since A (the most important Twin to be head down) has always been head down prior to this. The doctor did say that he still has time to turn back and that we'll have more of an indication around 32 weeks or so (after that they run out of room), but if he doesn't, plain and simple, he said we'll have to have a c-section. And, I had my glucose and blood tested on Monday and I passed with flying colors!! Once again, indications that we've had such a blessed pregnancy!

John's done some really good work on the nursery and it's really starting to look fab! I'm so proud of him and I'm sure if you were to ask, he'd say he's proud of himself. It took some arranging and rearranging, but I think we finally have the furniture the best way to maximize the space in the room. I'll get some pictures up once we get it cleaned up a bit. We've been sorting and washing baby clothes and they are all over the place!! I've had to enlist the help of a couple of girlfriends to ask, "what is all this 'stuff'"? and "what do babies wear"? I think we have it figured out now.

As far as myself, I'm still feeling pretty good. I've been a little queasy in the mornings and just this morning I actually threw up (leave it to me to get morning sickness in the third trimester) and I've had a couple of really bad headaches again, but all in all, I feel okay. Just tired. I am really trying to make it to 32 weeks full time and then maybe work half days, but I will probably only make it to 31 weeks. Ultimately, I am no good at work anyway so no need to drag it out.

I am having my family shower this weekend on Sunday and my "Auntie" Lisa and Joe are coming into town tomorrow night and are going to stay with us while they make the rounds to all of Lisa's family that's still in Minnesota. It'll be a REALLY busy weekend, but will be a lot of fun as well.

Well, I seem to be awfully wordy today for actually having nothing to say!! I don't have any baby photos this week as their machine wasn't working so they couldn't transfer them onto the disk, that and since B was still hiding, I can't really justify posting even more of A..... so, all you get this week is more belly photos...

And....once again, Champy made a photo....SURPRISE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment