Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Monday, August 30, 2010

"I hear Congratulations are in order"!

I heard that a lot yesterday at the family reunion......but it was never followed up by the actual "Congratulations"....does anyone know that by saying, "I hear Congratulations are in order" that the person is in fact at that moment saying Congratulations? Just saying......

It's only been 1 1/2 weeks since my last post, but due to the frequency of the prior posts and the hub-bub surrounding said posts, it feels like MUCH longer. I hadn't planned on posting again until I had something to "report", but I've been requested to keep up to date!! Okay...fine by me, posting is therapeutic to me, while I'm sure it's entertaining to you!! LOL.

There's not a lot to report......we will be 6 weeks tomorrow (from what the doc told me last week), so....my prior post was incorrect. In any case, we are steadily pushing 2 months!!! What am I experiencing? Well, I haven't had any mood swings or outbursts......I haven't had any sickness......no weight gain (yet)......but I am increasingly tired!! I am sleeping a little better at night, in the beginning I was having such horrible cramps and pelvic pain, but that's all seemed to subside, I haven't had to take any Tylenol in over a week. My breast are definitely tender and more full.....I am already wearing a bra when I sleep at nigh.....heaven help me, but we went to the Mall on Saturday to look for "maternity bras" (which by the way I didn't think were ANY different that a normal bra) and I thought, "hum....I better look for a DD, I'll be growing soon".....to my horror, when I picked it off the rack, I had this horrible picture of the cup fitting over my head!!!!!! DD is a BIG CUP!!! Needless to say, I decided to wait on buying a new bra!! Hum....what else? I have noticed that at times I seem to have a permanent "lump" in my throat, I feel that I may burst into tears at any time. I'm sure that's half associated with the pregnancy and 1/2 associated with the sleeplessness at night.

For those of you who have talked me through the last couple of weeks and shared your experiences, I thank you. PLEASE, keep sharing - not only does it help to know what to expect, but "chatting" with you all helps to pass time.

I don't have much else. By what I've read so far, we'll be in a holding pattern for a few more weeks before we see any more developments. OH!! BY THE WAY - I almost forgot. We have an ultrasound on September 13 (two days after we get back from vacation).....it's not yet prenatal, it's called a "confirmation of pregnancy" ultrasound. They just check to make sure that the pregnancy is viable and that there is a sac and a fetus. We won't be able to hear a heartbeat yet, but we will be able to SEE IT!! There's a upside to the appointment and a downside.....the upside is that we find out at this appointment if we are having 1 or 2!!!!! Depending on the day, I have different opinions on how many are in there. Today, I think there are two in there. The downside.....John will be traveling in Europe during that appointment and won't be home until the 21st of September......so sad. My mom is going to go with me. We meet with a physician after the ultrasound and will hopefully get a full report....wish us luck!!

We leave on Saturday the 4th for our beach vacation in North Carolina. I can tell you, we are EXTREMELY excited......My poor husband is in desperate need of a vacation......

No comments:

Post a Comment