Welcome friends and family! This is our blog - to share with you our trials and tribulations - and - our joys - join us on our journey on what we are calling, "Operation Make Fallon Baby"!

Monday, August 9, 2010

LOL!

Well, I haven't posted since we got our results last Friday, and reading through that last post, for a split second I thought, "who posted this? John?"......that extreme excitement and optimism was so out of character for me, I didn't remember it was me!! This journey has been so full of ups and down and expectations and disappointments, I thought I was immune to extreme swings...guess not!! LOL....to read that, you would have thought we won the lottery!

No calls from the Clinic all weekend. That's supposed to be a good thing. If the embryos weren't surviving or doing as well as they wanted, they would have called us in for an early transfer. So, while I am DYING to know how the little eggos are doing.....I guess I can wait until we receive our instructions today.....come on, hurry up already! Not sure what time our transfer will be tomorrow (hence waiting on pins and needles for this phone call), they did say that if there were any retrievals, they would go first. Months ago they did a "mock transfer"....just to get an idea of how the actual transfer would go....where things are, distance to the center of the uterus, make sure nothing was blocked......I have kind of an idea of how things will go tomorrow. Best part....John gets to don a pair of scrubs and join me!! (That, and they'll give me a Valium to relax me.....not sure why....but hey....who am I to complain). That's all I know right now.

Oh....we had Drake overnight on Saturday.....That makes 3 overnight visits from the nephews within the past month.....Coming off of that, we definitely DO NOT have "rose colored glasses" when it comes to thinking how parenting will go, but it reinforced the fact that we know we can do this, we know we will do good, and most importantly, we know we are ready. John was a tad nervous on Saturday when we couldn't get Drake to sleep (as was I) and he said, "we have absolutely no idea what to do with a baby - we know nothing"! I told him, "that's okay....we aren't supposed to". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment